GrandAmGT.com Forum
http://www.pfyc.com GrandAmGT.com Premium Memership Signup
CustomCarGrills.com   

Go Back   GrandAmGT.com Forum > GAGT - Main - Sponsored by www.PFYC.com > Newbies & FAQs

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2010, 08:27 PM   #1
bafilio1
GAGT - Newbie
 
AKA: Anthony
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Columbus,Ohio
Posts: 2
Vehicle: 2001 Grand Am GT Coupe
bafilio1 Gettin' there
Another new guy

Hey.. I thought I would become a member to this forum when someone mentioned it on the mazda forums . (I also own a 2002 mazda protege5) But i have a 2001 Grand Am GT. Formally had a 3600 in it, but that blew and so I replaced it with the the stock 3400. I haven't modified the new engine simply because I need it to be reliable. But I have done the following to my GA
- ebay projector lights (I was backed into and these were cheaper then OEM)
- Tinted tail lights and third brake light
- Muffler delete.. Lol any SE owners want to buy a GT muffler with less then 50,x miles
Oh and thats the kicker I bought my GAGT with under 40,xxx miles
I will be doing more modifiing to the GA since I'm done modifing the Protege5 and my ranger build is as done as I'm going to get it since I'm giving up and selling it.
But that is it
bafilio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:21 PM   #2
[ChaosweaveR]
So that's Vtec...
 
[ChaosweaveR]'s Avatar
 
AKA: Chris
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Medford, NY
Age: 30
Posts: 6,784
Vehicle: 2005 Honda Accord EX-L
[ChaosweaveR] has made plenty of valid points[ChaosweaveR] has made plenty of valid points
Send a message via AIM to [ChaosweaveR]
Welcome to the site, but...3600 motor? Sorry, that just reeks if bullsh!t. The only six cylinder motor in the 5th gen was the LA1 3400, not to mention, 3600? Unless you're speaking of the LY6, or the newer LLT motors. Even so, they don't exactly fit in an N-body, and it'll take a sh!tload of wiring to make the motor run correctly on this chassis. Unless you got proof, I don't believe you for a second.
__________________

2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe: K24A4
2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES: 4G64
Follow my unique blog on FB ------> Mighty the Armadillo
Problem, ricers?
[ChaosweaveR] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 12:38 AM   #3
i_ammetal
Awww Piss!
 
i_ammetal's Avatar
 
AKA: Clifton
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Denver, Co
Posts: 509
Vehicle: 06 Grand Prix GXP
i_ammetal Gettin' there
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ChaosweaveR] View Post
=Sorry, that just reeks if bullsh!t.
Chaos your such a **** monger. If the guy says he had a 3600, its prolly bull**** BUT give him the benefit of the doubt!

bafilio1 welcome, even though your prolly full of sh!t.
i_ammetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 07:32 AM   #4
DrFabulous
FIGJAM
 
DrFabulous's Avatar
 
AKA: Matt
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Age: 32
Posts: 9,668
Vehicle: 2015 Tahoe
DrFabulous has made plenty of valid pointsDrFabulous has made plenty of valid points
Welcome!
__________________


01 GASE - R.I.P.
SLP exhaust, CAI, Intrax springs, 17" American Eagle 025s
03 Mazda6 - bye Felicia
Injen CAI, Magnaflow exhaust, 17" American Eagle 025's
01 GAGT - R.I.P.
S&S headers, S&S cat, SLP exhaust, CAI, MPR tune, WS6 hood, H&R springs, 18" American Eagle 077s/18" XXR 006s
03 Saab 9-3 2.0T - bye Felicia
JZW tune, BSR intake, H&R springs/KYB struts, 17" Saab Klingons
06 Honda CR-V - current
100% stock
15 Chevy Tahoe - current
100% stock
DrFabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 07:50 AM   #5
[ChaosweaveR]
So that's Vtec...
 
[ChaosweaveR]'s Avatar
 
AKA: Chris
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Medford, NY
Age: 30
Posts: 6,784
Vehicle: 2005 Honda Accord EX-L
[ChaosweaveR] has made plenty of valid points[ChaosweaveR] has made plenty of valid points
Send a message via AIM to [ChaosweaveR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_ammetal View Post
Chaos your such a **** monger. If the guy says he had a 3600, its prolly bull**** BUT give him the benefit of the doubt!

bafilio1 welcome, even though your prolly full of sh!t.
__________________

2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe: K24A4
2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES: 4G64
Follow my unique blog on FB ------> Mighty the Armadillo
Problem, ricers?
[ChaosweaveR] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 10:54 AM   #6
PhantomLover007
'Til I see you again
 
PhantomLover007's Avatar
 
AKA: Matt
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Augusta/ Ft Gordon, GA
Age: 45
Posts: 7,676
Vehicle: 02 SC/T kitted & M62'd
PhantomLover007 has made plenty of valid pointsPhantomLover007 has made plenty of valid points
Send a message via AIM to PhantomLover007 Send a message via Yahoo to PhantomLover007
Maybe it's a 3800?

anyways.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaxus View Post
Oh, and I'm now house trained, so no more urinary issues to worry about.

My ride:
GA's ONLY SC/T'ed Grand Am according to CarDomain
PhantomLover007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:11 PM   #7
Mattyj724
GAGT - Member
 
Mattyj724's Avatar
 
AKA: Matthew
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sumter SC
Posts: 225
Vehicle: 2001 Grand Am GT
Mattyj724 Gettin' there
or 3500 and just fat fingered the typeing... ??
Mattyj724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:13 PM   #8
PhantomLover007
'Til I see you again
 
PhantomLover007's Avatar
 
AKA: Matt
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Augusta/ Ft Gordon, GA
Age: 45
Posts: 7,676
Vehicle: 02 SC/T kitted & M62'd
PhantomLover007 has made plenty of valid pointsPhantomLover007 has made plenty of valid points
Send a message via AIM to PhantomLover007 Send a message via Yahoo to PhantomLover007
I was seriously thinking that too Matt. I just had to joke about the 3800 stuff....
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaxus View Post
Oh, and I'm now house trained, so no more urinary issues to worry about.

My ride:
GA's ONLY SC/T'ed Grand Am according to CarDomain
PhantomLover007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 02:08 PM   #9
02andahalfgt
Camaro Junkie
 
02andahalfgt's Avatar
 
AKA: Jon
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Orefield, PA
Age: 35
Posts: 3,638
Vehicle: 06 Jeep/10 Camaro SSRS
02andahalfgt Gettin' there
Boy do we know how to roll out a welcome wagon or what?!
02andahalfgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 03:00 PM   #10
tipnitty
Sneezed and Sharted
 
tipnitty's Avatar
 
AKA: Sam
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: STL/OKLAHOMA
Age: 29
Posts: 4,652
Vehicle: 98 T/A WS6,14 Ram Hemi
tipnitty has made plenty of valid pointstipnitty has made plenty of valid points
Send a message via AIM to tipnitty Send a message via Yahoo to tipnitty
wow money says he doesn't come back
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDavis View Post
inb4chaosandtipnitty
1998 Trans Am Ws6 M6
2014 Ram Hemi
tipnitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 06:45 PM   #11
[ChaosweaveR]
So that's Vtec...
 
[ChaosweaveR]'s Avatar
 
AKA: Chris
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Medford, NY
Age: 30
Posts: 6,784
Vehicle: 2005 Honda Accord EX-L
[ChaosweaveR] has made plenty of valid points[ChaosweaveR] has made plenty of valid points
Send a message via AIM to [ChaosweaveR]
Damn, I wasn't that bad, was I?
__________________

2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe: K24A4
2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES: 4G64
Follow my unique blog on FB ------> Mighty the Armadillo
Problem, ricers?
[ChaosweaveR] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:51 PM   #12
bafilio1
GAGT - Newbie
 
AKA: Anthony
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Columbus,Ohio
Posts: 2
Vehicle: 2001 Grand Am GT Coupe
bafilio1 Gettin' there
No I just work more then most people... When I bought the car it came with what I remember was a 3600.. I googled the motor when we bought it and found NO n-bodies with this motor. When I had the stealership look at it. they said that I spun a bearing okay go figure. But they said that this motor was fully built internally... so IDK. honestly I only purchased this car because I was stuck in a bind and it was a good price for the mileage but after owning a Cavalier a few years ago i told myself I would never buy another gm EVER. But I will say the GA is a nice car to drive daily so that I can save my more fun cars on other days. The 02 p5 - and fully customized 84 ford ranger.

Now as for the welcome. Yeah your all ****s pretty much and don't really care for what you have to say. my only engine experience is in the 2.2 ecotec area or 2.4L (z24) but I used to play mainly with the sr20's, 4g63/4g64's, KL-ZE's etc... I'm not a "AMERICAN MUSCLE" guy and don't care much for the wasted gas that comes along with my GA. but thanks again for your "welcome".

Last edited by bafilio1; 02-27-2010 at 09:54 PM.
bafilio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 10:02 PM   #13
DrFabulous
FIGJAM
 
DrFabulous's Avatar
 
AKA: Matt
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Age: 32
Posts: 9,668
Vehicle: 2015 Tahoe
DrFabulous has made plenty of valid pointsDrFabulous has made plenty of valid points
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02andahalfgt View Post
Boy do we know how to roll out a welcome wagon or what?!
__________________


01 GASE - R.I.P.
SLP exhaust, CAI, Intrax springs, 17" American Eagle 025s
03 Mazda6 - bye Felicia
Injen CAI, Magnaflow exhaust, 17" American Eagle 025's
01 GAGT - R.I.P.
S&S headers, S&S cat, SLP exhaust, CAI, MPR tune, WS6 hood, H&R springs, 18" American Eagle 077s/18" XXR 006s
03 Saab 9-3 2.0T - bye Felicia
JZW tune, BSR intake, H&R springs/KYB struts, 17" Saab Klingons
06 Honda CR-V - current
100% stock
15 Chevy Tahoe - current
100% stock
DrFabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 10:44 PM   #14
[ChaosweaveR]
So that's Vtec...
 
[ChaosweaveR]'s Avatar
 
AKA: Chris
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Medford, NY
Age: 30
Posts: 6,784
Vehicle: 2005 Honda Accord EX-L
[ChaosweaveR] has made plenty of valid points[ChaosweaveR] has made plenty of valid points
Send a message via AIM to [ChaosweaveR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bafilio1 View Post
Now as for the welcome. Yeah your all ****s pretty much and don't really care for what you have to say. my only engine experience is in the 2.2 ecotec area or 2.4L (z24) but I used to play mainly with the sr20's, 4g63/4g64's, KL-ZE's etc... I'm not a "AMERICAN MUSCLE" guy and don't care much for the wasted gas that comes along with my GA. but thanks again for your "welcome".
You're welcome.
__________________

2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe: K24A4
2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES: 4G64
Follow my unique blog on FB ------> Mighty the Armadillo
Problem, ricers?
[ChaosweaveR] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:32 AM   #15
gaowners32
Omg B00Bz
 
gaowners32's Avatar
 
AKA: Cory
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 2,025
Vehicle: 09 Ford Fusion SEL AWD
gaowners32 a trusted member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bafilio1 View Post
No I just work more then most people... When I bought the car it came with what I remember was a 3600.. I googled the motor when we bought it and found NO n-bodies with this motor. When I had the stealership look at it. they said that I spun a bearing okay go figure. But they said that this motor was fully built internally... so IDK. honestly I only purchased this car because I was stuck in a bind and it was a good price for the mileage but after owning a Cavalier a few years ago i told myself I would never buy another gm EVER. But I will say the GA is a nice car to drive daily so that I can save my more fun cars on other days. The 02 p5 - and fully customized 84 ford ranger.

Now as for the welcome. Yeah your all ****s pretty much and don't really care for what you have to say. my only engine experience is in the 2.2 ecotec area or 2.4L (z24) but I used to play mainly with the sr20's, 4g63/4g64's, KL-ZE's etc... I'm not a "AMERICAN MUSCLE" guy and don't care much for the wasted gas that comes along with my GA. but thanks again for your "welcome".
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ChaosweaveR] View Post
You're welcome.
I see you took over my ******* comments after I migrated else where.
gaowners32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:36 AM   #16
[ChaosweaveR]
So that's Vtec...
 
[ChaosweaveR]'s Avatar
 
AKA: Chris
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Medford, NY
Age: 30
Posts: 6,784
Vehicle: 2005 Honda Accord EX-L
[ChaosweaveR] has made plenty of valid points[ChaosweaveR] has made plenty of valid points
Send a message via AIM to [ChaosweaveR]
Looks like it.
__________________

2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe: K24A4
2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES: 4G64
Follow my unique blog on FB ------> Mighty the Armadillo
Problem, ricers?
[ChaosweaveR] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 01:43 AM   #17
i_ammetal
Awww Piss!
 
i_ammetal's Avatar
 
AKA: Clifton
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Denver, Co
Posts: 509
Vehicle: 06 Grand Prix GXP
i_ammetal Gettin' there
If you don't care, we don't care.

Its what makes the world go round
i_ammetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 GrandAmGT.com
CustomCarGrills.com