GrandAmGT.com Forum
http://www.pfyc.com GrandAmGT.com Premium Memership Signup
MilzyMotorsports.com   

Go Back   GrandAmGT.com Forum > GAGT - Modifications - Sponsored by RedlineGoods.com > Car Audio, Video & Security

Old 01-27-2011, 04:17 PM   #1
Stevo
GAGT - Member

AKA: Casey
Vehicle: 2005 Grand Am SE
Stevo Gettin' there
Post Wireing a Door chime module into wiring harness

^yes i misspelled the title, my bad!
Hey everyone, i thought id come to here and get some info on wiring a new radio in my 2005 Grand Am SE.

1. How exactly do I wire the door chime module into the harness and so on. I have the GMCO Peripheral, was bought for my old 07 silverado classic but is compatible with my Grand am. I will provide pictures to try and help.

2. Onto the wiring harness, yet again it was used for the silverado. Is there a specific order that i need to input the wires in? Ill give pictures to help descirbe.
Thanks again for the help, have had my Apline CDA 9853 for awhile now and have been dyin to install it

Link to Modul:
http://pac-audio.com/productDetails....&CategoryID=26
Link to pictures: Look at desciptions
http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l1...d_2006/Stereo/

Thanks for helping, IF i have to ill get it professionally installed then i will but im a college student so im broke and am lookin to save alittle money haha LOL

Last edited by Stevo; 01-27-2011 at 04:30 PM.
Stevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:20 AM   #2
cutlsp
GAGT - Member

AKA: James
Vehicle: 2004 grand am se2
cutlsp Gettin' there
Damn what module like that will work for my grand am with the monsoon system without onstar? Not trying to Jack your thread but I'm curious about this too because I do have a NICE sound system I could put in my grand am if only I could get it wired up correctly the first time. (my system is a set of 6.5 components and a set of 6x9s with a 4 channel amp to power it all i'm really itching to put in a problem free sound system)
cutlsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:25 PM   #3
Stevo
GAGT - Member

Stevo Gettin' there
As far as im concered the model i have should work, but youll have to get it installed, mine was only 70 to get installed.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:46 PM   #4
cutlsp
GAGT - Member

cutlsp Gettin' there
Found this Metra 70-1857 Tuner Relocation and Bose Integration Harness for Select GM Vehicles
http://www.amazon.com/Metra-70-1857-.../ref=de_a_smtd

Would this work for my grand am? Its not like I don't have the space to move my factory head unit to the trunk. I intend to run new wires to all the different speakers anyways bypassing the factory amp and everything. I don't really care if I lose my door chime by using that harness but I think that is all I lose. Am I right?
Old 02-01-2011, 11:29 AM   #5
Stevo
GAGT - Member

Stevo Gettin' there
I would not reccomend doing anything to lose your factory door chimes, Ive heard that its not only dangerous to you but to your car also. If you plan to keep your door chime and factory bose system then i think this will work, someone correct me if im wrong. Its aliitle pricecy, but this is what i think will work best, and maybe searching around online you could find it cheaper as this is directly from the man.

http://pac-audio.com/productDetails....&CategoryID=26
Old 02-01-2011, 01:39 PM   #6
cutlsp
GAGT - Member

cutlsp Gettin' there
well in reality this grand am is not a family car and well i'm the only one that drives it. So would I only lose the door chimes and RAP or will I have more issues putting in an aftermarket sound system? I don't plan to keep the Monsoon system at all and that thing is a little to pricey for me considering I have to have it installed. So I'm looking for advice from the other guys that have put in sound systems what did you do?
Old 02-01-2011, 04:25 PM   #7
Stevo
GAGT - Member

Stevo Gettin' there
Well my Grand am is the SE, so i did not have the bose system and lucked out to have allready bought the door chime module when i bought my silverado. As from what i know without that little box you lose your chimes you its possible to mess up the car because the box also stores data from the car( from what ive been told not sure if its right). I looked online and found acouple that were about $100, you could probably wire it yourself as it will come with directions as with mine, i had lost when i bought it years back.I buy with crutchfield so if you buy it off them they give you a step by step directions to install it free. Just a thought
Old 02-01-2011, 04:39 PM   #8
cutlsp
GAGT - Member

cutlsp Gettin' there
well I've seen the head unit relocation harnesses and that is what i'm thinking i should use on my grand am. At least that would be a certain will work deal right?. I don't know though. Can anyone else provide input on this?
Old 02-01-2011, 05:11 PM   #9
BJPbrandon2448
GAGT - Senior Member

AKA: Brandon
Vehicle: 2002 Grand Am GT
BJPbrandon2448 Gettin' there
hey guys i ran into this problem too but i have a good suggestion my local walmart actually has the door chime module if i last recall it was 30$? somewhere around there... its made by scorche or some brand like that i bought one when i installed mine everything clips together and hides really nice behind the bezel... it allows you to keep your door chimes and everything else! because the module has a built in speaker on it makes everything sound factory promise!

Last edited by BJPbrandon2448; 02-01-2011 at 05:14 PM.
BJPbrandon2448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:13 PM   #10
Stevo
GAGT - Member

Stevo Gettin' there
Good idea, never really thought of that, Basically its just the module and use your wiring harness that you get when you get the radio and tie them in together. Its a cheaper method than what i suggested.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:14 PM   #11
cutlsp
GAGT - Member

cutlsp Gettin' there
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_120GMOS...tab=review#tab

Apparently this is what i need but can i bypass all the factory amps and things using this? I really don't want to mess up anything on my grand am.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:47 AM   #12
Stevo
GAGT - Member

Stevo Gettin' there
In all honesty, couldn't you just remove the monsoon amp etc when installing the aftermarket HU?. Or just keep the Monsoon, get a inline adapter and hook up your amp and have that extra push from the factory amp. Thats what i did in my 04 GT and it pushed my RF PUNCH P1 so hard it blew( Literally started smoking), it was only hooked to a 750 W amp