GrandAmGT.com Forum
http://www.pfyc.com GrandAmGT.com Premium Memership Signup
MilzyMotorsports.com   

Go Back   GrandAmGT.com Forum > GAGT - Main - Sponsored by www.PFYC.com > Newbies & FAQs

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2011, 12:24 PM   #1
Night-Rider001
GAGT - Newbie
 
Night-Rider001's Avatar
 
AKA: edward
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: chester,va
Posts: 3
Vehicle: 2001 grand am gt
Night-Rider001 Gettin' there
Exclamation HID problem

ok um iv been to this site a few times um don't know were to post but i have one big Question about this i have a Pontiac grand am 2001 i install a HID 6k in my regular headlights i have projector head lights! no high beams no nothing high beams take regular bulbs after i install the kit everything work great till the next day the SVS = service vehicle soon light comes on during the day and when it gets to night time it goes away! i dont know whats going on here i try ground the wire and still didn't work! i need help with this situation its driving me off the walls now!!

Last edited by Night-Rider001; 08-08-2011 at 01:26 PM.
Night-Rider001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:17 PM   #2
lastyear4gt
GAGT - Member
 
lastyear4gt's Avatar
 
AKA: Kevin
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Whitby, Ontario
Age: 36
Posts: 966
Vehicle: 2004 Grand Am GT
lastyear4gt Gettin' there
You need to disable drl's
__________________
"Bottles are for babies, real men get blown!"

1/4 Mile 14.48 @ 95.33 MPH

SC/T concept replica under construction!
Canada's only TRUE SC/T!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2316217/1
lastyear4gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:15 PM   #3
Night-Rider001
GAGT - Newbie
 
Night-Rider001's Avatar
 
AKA: edward
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: chester,va
Posts: 3
Vehicle: 2001 grand am gt
Night-Rider001 Gettin' there
i cant do that i live in Virginia Virginia is really strict on alot of things i thinkia have to go with relay! or what ever it is!
Night-Rider001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:24 AM   #4
lastyear4gt
GAGT - Member
 
lastyear4gt's Avatar
 
AKA: Kevin
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Whitby, Ontario
Age: 36
Posts: 966
Vehicle: 2004 Grand Am GT
lastyear4gt Gettin' there
Then take em out
__________________
"Bottles are for babies, real men get blown!"

1/4 Mile 14.48 @ 95.33 MPH

SC/T concept replica under construction!
Canada's only TRUE SC/T!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2316217/1
lastyear4gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:06 PM   #5
Mike Jung
400 hp & 410 lb-ft
 
Mike Jung's Avatar
 
AKA: Mike
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,670
Vehicle: '14 Camaro SS RS coupe
Mike Jung a trusted member
The stock DRL's run through the high beams in series.

You have no high beams; so car is triggering a SVS because of it.
Mike Jung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:04 PM   #6
street_fire
GAGT - Member
 
street_fire's Avatar
 
AKA: Ryan
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Windsor ON.
Age: 28
Posts: 848
Vehicle: 99 SC/T, 99 Dakota R/T
street_fire Gettin' there
Do what i did. I disable the DRL's and run my fog lights during the day...
__________________
//) (\`\
/// `, ,`\\\
/ // '. `. . .' \\ \
/`/'' ''/` `:-- `--: `\'' ''\`\
/''/ / ///\`. ' ' . /\ \ \//
street_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:14 PM   #7
Night-Rider001
GAGT - Newbie
 
Night-Rider001's Avatar
 
AKA: edward
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: chester,va
Posts: 3
Vehicle: 2001 grand am gt
Night-Rider001 Gettin' there
how the heck u run ur fog lights with out putting them on auto i have to turn on the dash lights to do that? and thing still comes on but what im thinking it is its the ground wire not getting a full servic connection or what ever its call my high beam turn non during the day with the car its my DRl and at night it switching to low beam soo i have to ground something or get a relay with this ! i have a set of 6k and 4k both for low beams soo ima put in 4k for bright white setup and try again this afternoon!
Night-Rider001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:10 AM   #8
street_fire
GAGT - Member
 
street_fire's Avatar
 
AKA: Ryan
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Windsor ON.
Age: 28
Posts: 848
Vehicle: 99 SC/T, 99 Dakota R/T
street_fire Gettin' there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night-Rider001 View Post
how the heck u run ur fog lights with out putting them on auto i have to turn on the dash lights to do that? and thing still comes on but what im thinking it is its the ground wire not getting a full servic connection or what ever its call my high beam turn non during the day with the car its my DRl and at night it switching to low beam soo i have to ground something or get a relay with this ! i have a set of 6k and 4k both for low beams soo ima put in 4k for bright white setup and try again this afternoon!
Yes i just turn on the dash lights to my fogs will be on. Honestly it will only take you 10 mins to disable the DRL's. thats inluding taking out the glovebox and putting it back in. here is how to disable your DRL's

HOW TO: Override DRLs on a GA
__________________
//) (\`\
/// `, ,`\\\
/ // '. `. . .' \\ \
/`/'' ''/` `:-- `--: `\'' ''\`\
/''/ / ///\`. ' ' . /\ \ \//
street_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:22 PM   #9
s.krieter
GAGT - Newbie
 
AKA: steve
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: rockford IL
Posts: 2
Vehicle: 2002 ga
s.krieter Gettin' there
HID / DRL issues fix

think out side all electrical boxes, it's simple on a 02 ga, pop the defroster vent and cover the sensor I'm sure this will work on all GM'S w/DRL
s.krieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:28 PM   #10
s.krieter
GAGT - Newbie
 
AKA: steve
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: rockford IL
Posts: 2
Vehicle: 2002 ga
s.krieter Gettin' there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night-Rider001 View Post
ok um iv been to this site a few times um don't know were to post but i have one big Question about this i have a Pontiac grand am 2001 i install a HID 6k in my regular headlights i have projector head lights! no high beams no nothing high beams take regular bulbs after i install the kit everything work great till the next day the SVS = service vehicle soon light comes on during the day and when it gets to night time it goes away! i dont know whats going on here i try ground the wire and still didn't work! i need help with this situation its driving me off the walls now!!
cover the DRL sensor on top of the dash
s.krieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:50 AM   #11
615xtreme
GAGT - Newbie
 
AKA: Justin
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: mt.juliet tn
Posts: 2
Vehicle: 2000 grand am 2.4L
615xtreme Gettin' there
dim fogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by street_fire View Post
Do what i did. I disable the DRL's and run my fog lights during the day...
after installing hids the svs light came on soi did the drl disable deal and my svs light is gone now.
nut now the fog lights are super dim when turned on by switch. and the blinkers blink really fast like there is a blown bulb....which there isint. only when the lights are on. when off all ok.
plz help
615xtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:55 AM   #12
TDavis
GAGT - Junkie
 
TDavis's Avatar
 
AKA: Tanner
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Columbia, MO
Age: 25
Posts: 3,871
Vehicle: 2000 Grand Am SC/T
TDavis a trusted member
Yeah.....about that.
__________________
Mods: Alotta sht
TDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:08 PM   #13
615xtreme
GAGT - Newbie
 
AKA: Justin
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: mt.juliet tn
Posts: 2
Vehicle: 2000 grand am 2.4L
615xtreme Gettin' there
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDavis View Post
Yeah.....about that.
...any tips ?
615xtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 GrandAmGT.com
MilzyMotorsports.com