GrandAmGT.com Forum
http://www.pfyc.com GrandAmGT.com Premium Memership Signup
RedlineGoods.com   

Go Back   GrandAmGT.com Forum > GAGT - Technical - Sponsored by www.MilzyMotorSports.com > Technical Q&A

Old 08-16-2011, 06:02 PM   #1
zukiracer19
BoOsTiN'

AKA: slograndam
Vehicle: ev0m0de
zukiracer19 Still kinda new, but learning
Buick 3800 question...

Ok car was shutting off while driving, could start it right back up.. always fired up as soon as i turned the key. well it eventually wouldn't start. took the nipple off to fuel rail pressed it in and nothing... so then I got some sea foam maybe I got some ****ty gas seemed like it was running better, went to pull away and stalled... now its having trouble starting again... I primed the fuel pump 3 times, started right up and then died again... I'm either thinking ecu, egr solenoid, or fuel pump/regulator... any ideas ?

and the battery terminals are clean/tight, no check engine light, no overheating light, no abnormal sounds, nothing of that matter.

car has pretty much new everything(coil packs,plugs, wires, etc)
zukiracer19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:15 PM   #2
zukiracer19
BoOsTiN'

AKA: slograndam
Vehicle: ev0m0de
zukiracer19 Still kinda new, but learning
has new crank sensor too forgot... -_-... gonna check fuel pressure tomorrow... its suppose to be 40-45 right?
zukiracer19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 07:14 PM   #3
Malaclypse
Wrenched Loose

AKA: Scott
Vehicle: 2013 Malibu 2LT
Malaclypse a trusted member
Sounds like a fuel pump to me. The pressure regulator may be leaking but that wouldn't cause it to stall.

The EGR is a possibility but less likely than a fuel pump.
Malaclypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:36 PM   #4
sugar ray
GAGT - Member

AKA: Sean
Vehicle: 2002 Grand Am
sugar ray Gettin' there
You brought back some memories my friend!! I purchased my 02 GA brand new in June 2002. Thinking a brand new car would eliminate the headache's that were popping up in my very high mileage Ford Tempo at the time. Purchased it Friday before a long weekend. Come Saturday with just 33 km's on the odometer it began to do the exact same thing you described. Finally by Sunday morning it would not start at all!! Of course, long weekend and trapped at home. Come Tuesday the dealership towed it and it was fixed under warranty. Just glanced over the paper work they gave me for it over 9 years ago!!

They ended up replacing my regulator, fuel pump, and sender. Been fine ever since
sugar ray is offline   Reply With Quote