GrandAmGT.com Forum
http://www.pfyc.com GrandAmGT.com Premium Memership Signup
CustomCarGrills.com   

Go Back   GrandAmGT.com Forum > GAGT - Main - Sponsored by www.PFYC.com > Newbies & FAQs

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2012, 06:38 AM   #1
MECHANICwannaBE
GAGT - Newbie
 
MECHANICwannaBE's Avatar
 
AKA: Ed
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Keansburg NJ
Posts: 21
Vehicle: 2000 Grand Am SE Coupe
MECHANICwannaBE Gettin' there
Angry Got Ticjet Doing 68 in 50 NJ

So i heard im looking 4 points on my license any advice...
Thanks

39:4-98 Exceeding maximum speed 15-29 mph over limit 4 ponits
MECHANICwannaBE is offline  
Old 04-04-2012, 09:01 AM   #2
geldartb
With the quickness
 
geldartb's Avatar
 
AKA: Brendan
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: N.Brookfield ,ma
Age: 35
Posts: 2,393
Vehicle: 03 Outback H6
geldartb has made plenty of valid pointsgeldartb has made plenty of valid points
and this is relevant to this section why.

no offense but your speeding so pay the ticket and move on.

what kind of advice are you looking for.

even if you went to court and got the fine reduced the points would still be the same. one ticket isn't going to kill your insurance.
__________________
My Motorpia My Fquick Garage Got Lope

Quote:
Originally Posted by SikMindz View Post
Well you shouldn't have left your laptop exposed when there was a chance of golden showers...
geldartb is offline  
Old 04-04-2012, 09:28 AM   #3
BJPbrandon2448
GAGT - Senior Member
 
BJPbrandon2448's Avatar
 
AKA: Brandon
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Fremont Ohio
Posts: 1,027
Vehicle: 2002 Grand Am GT
BJPbrandon2448 Gettin' there
Quote:
Originally Posted by geldartb View Post
and this is relevant to this section why.

no offense but your speeding so pay the ticket and move on.

what kind of advice are you looking for.

even if you went to court and got the fine reduced the points would still be the same. one ticket isn't going to kill your insurance.
Agreed, we arent the law... so what are we supposed to say? Oh yeah take resposibility for your actions and pay the fine, and dont get caught speeding ever again! Ok.?
BJPbrandon2448 is offline  
Old 04-04-2012, 10:12 AM   #4
zukiracer19
BoOsTiN'
 
zukiracer19's Avatar
 
AKA: slograndam
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 2,700
Vehicle: ev0m0de
zukiracer19 Still kinda new, but learning
if you're that paranoid take it to court... most of time cop doesn't show up unless its really that serious... you'll win.
zukiracer19 is offline  
Old 04-04-2012, 10:37 AM   #5
BJPbrandon2448
GAGT - Senior Member
 
BJPbrandon2448's Avatar
 
AKA: Brandon
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Fremont Ohio
Posts: 1,027
Vehicle: 2002 Grand Am GT
BJPbrandon2448 Gettin' there
ummm. yeah your not gonna win unless you can somehow prove your case, most cities are hungry for money right now!
BJPbrandon2448 is offline  
Old 04-04-2012, 10:43 AM   #6
geldartb
With the quickness
 
geldartb's Avatar
 
AKA: Brendan
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: N.Brookfield ,ma
Age: 35
Posts: 2,393
Vehicle: 03 Outback H6
geldartb has made plenty of valid pointsgeldartb has made plenty of valid points
Quote:
Originally Posted by zukiracer19 View Post
if you're that paranoid take it to court... most of time cop doesn't show up unless its really that serious... you'll win.
don't know how it is where you are but around here the cop that wrote the ticket doesn't show up. it's usually one cop from the department.

if your not a habitual offender they may give you a break and cut the fine down but the points will still be applied to you insurance.
__________________
My Motorpia My Fquick Garage Got Lope

Quote:
Originally Posted by SikMindz View Post
Well you shouldn't have left your laptop exposed when there was a chance of golden showers...
geldartb is offline  
Old 04-04-2012, 11:53 AM   #7
blckgagt
~Turbocharged~
 
blckgagt's Avatar
 
AKA: Randy
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Knoxville, TN
Age: 33
Posts: 1,265
Vehicle: 99 GAGT, 07 Vette
blckgagt Gettin' there
Quote:
Originally Posted by geldartb View Post
don't know how it is where you are but around here the cop that wrote the ticket doesn't show up. it's usually one cop from the department.

if your not a habitual offender they may give you a break and cut the fine down but the points will still be applied to you insurance.
Wow that's harsh there. Here in Tennessee, I've gotten off like four speeding tickets just because my record was clean and I wasnt going > 15. In one case i went 26 over when I was 17 and i still got off. And when I mean off clean, I mean no points whatsoever added to my record. In each case though I had to pay a court fee and 30 days probation, where if I get any ticket in that time frame, the points go on my record. Sometimes they allowed us to go to driving class and all we paid is the class fee.

I can't say I was a great driver back then.
__________________
400whp 435wtq - MMS Race Block w/ 8.5:1 comp ratio, Eagle H-beam rods. MMS Stage 2 heads, Turbo Cam, chromemoly pushrods, GM gaskets. MMS 65 mm Turbo Kit w 60lb/hr injectors, Walbro fuel pump, powdercoated engine. MMS 3.29 4t65eHD conv., 3500 stall TC. Milzy headers w/ downpipe, magnaflow exhaust, FFP Pulley, f/r strut braces, Msd 8.5 SC wires, *** bodykit, Bilstein Coilovers. 17x8 AE 185s. Pioneer HU, B/A speakers. Baer brakes. Wot-tech engine mount. SB Rear Swaybar. ES Poly links
blckgagt is offline  
Old 04-04-2012, 12:32 PM   #8
geldartb
With the quickness
 
geldartb's Avatar
 
AKA: Brendan
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: N.Brookfield ,ma
Age: 35
Posts: 2,393
Vehicle: 03 Outback H6
geldartb has made plenty of valid pointsgeldartb has made plenty of valid points
Quote:
Originally Posted by blckgagt View Post
Wow that's harsh there. Here in Tennessee, I've gotten off like four speeding tickets just because my record was clean and I wasnt going > 15. In one case i went 26 over when I was 17 and i still got off. And when I mean off clean, I mean no points whatsoever added to my record. In each case though I had to pay a court fee and 30 days probation, where if I get any ticket in that time frame, the points go on my record. Sometimes they allowed us to go to driving class and all we paid is the class fee.

I can't say I was a great driver back then.
yeah when i started driving i got a bunch of tickets. the first few i got out of but after awhile going to court didn't work anymore .

i have done the driving class a couple of time for getting so many tickets in a certain amount of time.

i haven't gotten a ticket in over 4yrs.
__________________
My Motorpia My Fquick Garage Got Lope

Quote:
Originally Posted by SikMindz View Post
Well you shouldn't have left your laptop exposed when there was a chance of golden showers...
geldartb is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 GrandAmGT.com
CustomCarGrills.com