GrandAmGT.com Forum
http://www.pfyc.com GrandAmGT.com Premium Memership Signup
RedlineGoods.com   

Go Back   GrandAmGT.com Forum > GAGT - Main - Sponsored by www.PFYC.com > Newbies & FAQs

Old 09-20-2012, 11:07 AM   #1
v_hernandez311
GAGT - Newbie

AKA: Veronica
Vehicle: 2002 Grand Am GT
v_hernandez311 Gettin' there
Newbie over here!

I never realized that there was a website like this available. With that being said, I am new to the site. I have a silver 2002 Grand Am Gt. I've had it for about 4 years now and never did any modifications to it. I just recently got some extra money so I figured I might as well replace my factory radio with a more up to date one. Being that this is my first time doing this, I didn't know everything that I was going to need to replace the head unit. With some help, I was able to install the new head unit. All the wiring was done the hard way (stripping and rewiring up to the car wires), I bought the antenna adapter, and the radio works. Well, everything works but there is no sound coming from the speakers. All the wires were hooked up right but it still doesnt work. The cd plays and I can change all stations but hear nothing. And then all my chimes are gone (warning lights, door opening, etc.). What can I do to fix this? Is there anything I can do without putting a hole in my pocket?

Tags
replacing head unit, sound