GrandAmGT.com Forum
http://www.pfyc.com GrandAmGT.com Premium Memership Signup
MilzyMotorsports.com   

Go Back   GrandAmGT.com Forum > GAGT - Modifications - Sponsored by RedlineGoods.com > Car Audio, Video & Security

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2012, 07:23 AM   #61
bricooper78
Dammit Sleepy
 
bricooper78's Avatar
 
AKA: Cooper
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: IA
Posts: 4,073
Vehicle: 03 Sierra Z71
bricooper78 has made plenty of valid pointsbricooper78 has made plenty of valid points
awh, why you no buy 600 watt subwoofers if you're not wanting

BASS
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by geldartb View Post
no sht it's spreading like a disease..and you guys aren't even picking decent cars to turn into garage queens..
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastic_indian View Post
the resulting violent shake at highway speed may cause loss of control, white knuckles, loss of dental fillings, urinary incontinence and sudden religious conversion.
bricooper78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:32 AM   #62
Metallman56
Bears Fan
 
Metallman56's Avatar
 
AKA: Metall
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Indiana
Age: 32
Posts: 3,853
Vehicle: 2001 grand am gt coupe
Metallman56 a trusted member
why would you port the box if your looking for sq? and why would you buy hifonics subs? there not sq subs, there cheap want-a-be spl subs. sq sub brands are, boston, diamond, jl, mb quart, and infinity just to name a few. as you could see my box is not ported, because it IS a sq setup, WITH sq subs.

the mickey shore guys at abc warehouse are some of the smartest people in the car audio world. i find it funny that when someone takes your "theroy" (more like ignorance) apart all you can say is "the mickey shore guys said it was cool" or "my teacher said it was fine" you dont even make a atempt to respond to what i said above.

i also doubt your subs look anything like what mine do in the vid. my woofers travel 3'' peak to peak. i doubt you'll get half of that based on the lack of rubber around the cone. also one of my subs cost me $400. so with the box that i had custom made my woofers cost me around $850

here is the kit you bought
http://www.audiosavings.com/products...2DSV---K2.aspx

same box, same subs, and same blue wiring in your pics. a whopping $175, wow. then i'm guessing you ran out of money and decided your monsoon amp would work. then posted in here claiming to have hooked the subs up to a differnt amp and they sounded better with the monsoon.

you better get your friend in here to tell us how right you are, because based on the proof i posted above, your either an idiot, or a liar.
__________________
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/209706...am?action=demo


So you proved your point about the camaro - condense your sig.
- Your friendly Administration
Metallman56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:33 PM   #63
sudden_impulse
GAGT - Member
 
sudden_impulse's Avatar
 
AKA: Derek
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Stanley, ND
Age: 27
Posts: 237
Vehicle: 01 GAGT
sudden_impulse Gettin' there
Videos sound like there's no more bass than through a 6x9, much less driveway-vibrating bass. Even with the trunk open my single sub on 600wrms has enough power to show that it's working, and has 100x more air flow through one of the two ports than yours has through one.

Also, Metallman, size /= power:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-AUDIOPIP...item35c0ecf465
__________________
DDs - 01 GAGT, 08 G6GXP
Toys - 72 Nova, 06 Shadow Spirit
sudden_impulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:21 PM   #64
aggresiveAM
GAGT - Member
 
aggresiveAM's Avatar
 
AKA: Alexander
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 64
Vehicle: 2002 Grand am GT Coupe
aggresiveAM Gettin' there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallman56 View Post
why would you port the box if your looking for sq? and why would you buy hifonics subs? there not sq subs, there cheap want-a-be spl subs. sq sub brands are, boston, diamond, jl, mb quart, and infinity just to name a few. as you could see my box is not ported, because it IS a sq setup, WITH sq subs.

the mickey shore guys at abc warehouse are some of the smartest people in the car audio world. i find it funny that when someone takes your "theroy" (more like ignorance) apart all you can say is "the mickey shore guys said it was cool" or "my teacher said it was fine" you dont even make a atempt to respond to what i said above.

i also doubt your subs look anything like what mine do in the vid. my woofers travel 3'' peak to peak. i doubt you'll get half of that based on the lack of rubber around the cone. also one of my subs cost me $400. so with the box that i had custom made my woofers cost me around $850

here is the kit you bought
http://www.audiosavings.com/products...2DSV---K2.aspx

same box, same subs, and same blue wiring in your pics. a whopping $175, wow. then i'm guessing you ran out of money and decided your monsoon amp would work. then posted in here claiming to have hooked the subs up to a differnt amp and they sounded better with the monsoon.

you better get your friend in here to tell us how right you are, because based on the proof i posted above, your either an idiot, or a liar.
first of all, mickey shores has there own stores here there isnt one that works out of abcwarehouse in michigan.
second of all, the brutus subs are not cheap and if you go on sonicelectronix.com and read the almost 100 reviews of them there is not one thats under 3 stars
third of all, good for u spending more money for the same result as me, who really won that?
fourth of all, thats the exact kit i bought. my sub and enclosure setup make no difference in this case, the monsoon amp would power your overpriced subs just as well
finally, you no longer have sq subs they are now spl subs that will blow soon because the cone is being over flexed
aggresiveAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:26 PM   #65
aggresiveAM
GAGT - Member
 
aggresiveAM's Avatar
 
AKA: Alexander
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 64
Vehicle: 2002 Grand am GT Coupe
aggresiveAM Gettin' there
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggresiveAM View Post
i have the volume at 15-20 it goes up to 40 and the bass at -4 it goes up to +9
my cam just couldnt capture it correctly because the whole car is shaking from the subs, ill take another video tommorrow with my friend in it and ill turn the bass up more so you see how much the subs flex
guess you forgot about this one, i shouldnt have to quote myself on something that works like text messaging because someone only likes to read comments that are in thier own favor
aggresiveAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:30 PM   #66
aggresiveAM
GAGT - Member
 
aggresiveAM's Avatar
 
AKA: Alexander
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 64
Vehicle: 2002 Grand am GT Coupe
aggresiveAM Gettin' there
Quote:
Originally Posted by bricooper78 View Post
awh, why you no buy 600 watt subwoofers if you're not wanting

BASS
i dont need your approval of my setup i already got and get the approval everyone who hears it
aggresiveAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:38 PM   #67
TDavis
GAGT - Junkie
 
TDavis's Avatar
 
AKA: Tanner
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Columbia, MO
Age: 25
Posts: 3,871
Vehicle: 2000 Grand Am SC/T
TDavis a trusted member
Wheres the moderators? Might as well remove the edit button on peoples posts.
__________________
Mods: Alotta sht
TDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:47 PM   #68
aggresiveAM
GAGT - Member
 
aggresiveAM's Avatar
 
AKA: Alexander
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 64
Vehicle: 2002 Grand am GT Coupe
aggresiveAM Gettin' there
i would like to see you guys hook your subs up to the monsoon amp and put a video on here of what you got. Unless you guys never had or dont have a monsoon amp anyways
aggresiveAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:21 PM   #69
TDavis
GAGT - Junkie
 
TDavis's Avatar
 
AKA: Tanner
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Columbia, MO
Age: 25
Posts: 3,871
Vehicle: 2000 Grand Am SC/T
TDavis a trusted member
I don't give a rats ass about subs or anything audio related , so I won't waste my time. Only reason I would want anything is because I have the stock system before the Monsoon and the headunit itself is glitchy but I guarantee that I'll stick with it. If I had the Monsoon I wouldn't change anything about it. To me its really pointless unless its for a car show.

Otherwise have fun with showing people you can rattle a bag, congratulations.
__________________
Mods: Alotta sht

Last edited by TDavis; 11-10-2012 at 04:31 PM.
TDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:15 PM   #70
Metallman56
Bears Fan
 
Metallman56's Avatar
 
AKA: Metall
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Indiana
Age: 32
Posts: 3,853
Vehicle: 2001 grand am gt coupe
Metallman56 a trusted member
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggresiveAM View Post
first of all, mickey shores has there own stores here there isnt one that works out of abcwarehouse in michigan.
second of all, the brutus subs are not cheap and if you go on sonicelectronix.com and read the almost 100 reviews of them there is not one thats under 3 stars
third of all, good for u spending more money for the same result as me, who really won that?
fourth of all, thats the exact kit i bought. my sub and enclosure setup make no difference in this case, the monsoon amp would power your overpriced subs just as well
finally, you no longer have sq subs they are now spl subs that will blow soon because the cone is being over flexed
sorry for not knowing car audio stores in the worst city in the country.
brutus subs are cheap. if you paid less then $200 for the subs, box, and wiring, there cheap. and high reviews from people whos only car audio knowlage comes from what they have heard at best buy is bad info at best
we DID NOT get the same result in our audio set ups. i have a REAL amp pushing REAL sq subs. you do not. who won is a matter of opinion until you blow something becaue of you amazing wiring job with masking tape, and wire screws. not to mention how under powered they are
false. if a sub is made for sq, then its a sq sub. just like if its made a spl sub like a solo x its never going to sound good. i have high quality sq subs that can make spl. 1 vid showing the woofers work hurts nothing. i know the limits to my subs because i've owned them for 6 years now. and if as you claim your subs look exactly like mine, then by your own logic you also dont have sq subs.

i really do find it funny that you have all this knowlage on how the monsoon can power a small city, but have no responce to my post showing you how big amps with real power are. the only reason i'm even checking in this thread is to see what kind of made up b.s your going to try to say. i'm almost looking forward to it.

you know what, i've been looking at this whole thing the total wrong way. i have a GREAT ocean view property in montana i need to sell. i'll make you an awesome deal on it.
__________________
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/209706...am?action=demo


So you proved your point about the camaro - condense your sig.
- Your friendly Administration
Metallman56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:25 PM   #71
aggresiveAM
GAGT - Member
 
aggresiveAM's Avatar
 
AKA: Alexander
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 64
Vehicle: 2002 Grand am GT Coupe
aggresiveAM Gettin' there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallman56 View Post
sorry for not knowing car audio stores in the worst city in the country.
brutus subs are cheap. if you paid less then $200 for the subs, box, and wiring, there cheap. and high reviews from people whos only car audio knowlage comes from what they have heard at best buy is bad info at best
we DID NOT get the same result in our audio set ups. i have a REAL amp pushing REAL sq subs. you do not. who won is a matter of opinion until you blow something becaue of you amazing wiring job with masking tape, and wire screws. not to mention how under powered they are
false. if a sub is made for sq, then its a sq sub. just like if its made a spl sub like a solo x its never going to sound good. i have high quality sq subs that can make spl. 1 vid showing the woofers work hurts nothing. i know the limits to my subs because i've owned them for 6 years now. and if as you claim your subs look exactly like mine, then by your own logic you also dont have sq subs.

i really do find it funny that you have all this knowlage on how the monsoon can power a small city, but have no responce to my post showing you how big amps with real power are. the only reason i'm even checking in this thread is to see what kind of made up b.s your going to try to say. i'm almost looking forward to it.

you know what, i've been looking at this whole thing the total wrong way. i have a GREAT ocean view property in montana i need to sell. i'll make you an awesome deal on it.
My kole audio amp is bigger than both of those amps you have and so is my buddies hifonics zues amp. You act like only big amps can make clean power.
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...ries/GM-D7500M
Of course my subs dont flex as far as yours you answered your own question when u said "look at the rubber surround on those" but that doesnt mean these subs dont bang hard.
Your full of yourself and just admit you dont know more than the engineers who make this stuff. You just have money and like to spend it to compensate for somethingelse
aggresiveAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:22 PM   #72
kzulfic
GAGT - Senior Member
 
kzulfic's Avatar
 
AKA: Kameron
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Genoa, IL
Age: 29
Posts: 1,116
Vehicle: 2004 Grand Am SE2
kzulfic Gettin' there
You definitly don't know more than the engineers that designed these setups. and the size doesn't matter it's the components on the inside i can have a 20"x20" amp and it not push ****. and then you have the Monsoon amp which is small in size but not big enough to house all the components needed. Next time you have a quality amp (MTX, JL , BOSTON, TMA, ETC.) and your cheap thing pick them up see what weighs more.

Just face it the stuff you have is junk. You talk about him spending money because he got it. Thats not the case, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. Don't you wonder why he has had his setup for years and yours cant even last a month his is quality yours is not.

I feel like im wasting my writing this to you because you'll just come back with some **** contradicting everything you have said throughout this whole thread. Or you will just make up some bull**** like your some computer tech. Either way you are wrong and all it would take is for you to do a little research just to find that out.
kzulfic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:12 AM   #73
aggresiveAM
GAGT - Member
 
aggresiveAM's Avatar
 
AKA: Alexander
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 64
Vehicle: 2002 Grand am GT Coupe
aggresiveAM Gettin' there
Im ending this, i gave yall mad proof but yall choose to ignore it so ima just say this, im happy with the monsoon amp powering my subs. It sounds great clear and strong at the same time the amp is 12 years old and its not overheating or distorting or clipping. You guys can do whatever floats your boat.
aggresiveAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:21 AM   #74
Bryle James
2.4L noob
 
AKA: Bryle
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Age: 24
Posts: 134
Vehicle: 01 GA SE1 & 04 TSX
Bryle James Gettin' there
In that video posted of you trying to show how much air is being moved....

Are those used heroine needles?

Last edited by Bryle James; 11-13-2012 at 07:37 PM.
Bryle James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:04 AM   #75
sleepyalero
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
 
sleepyalero's Avatar
 
AKA: Nathan
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Unknown.
Posts: 5,909
Vehicle: 2001 olds alero GLS
sleepyalero a trusted member
you could have done better.

my old setup was two 12 inch 07' kicker comp CVR's, unported box, 800 watt sony xplod amp. i paid 150$+ shipping on BOTH subs. (they were buy 1 get 1 free on crutchfield.com brand new at the time of purchase) paid roughly 45$ and built my own box for it out of MDF board, and 160$ for my amp. and it was 5x louder then your system. the rearview mirror would fall and face the floor of the car is a matter of seconds, and could scare people in traffic at the beginning of songs that were sitting around me, there faces were priceless.

but enjoy it.
__________________
2001 | Alero GLS | 3400 | 6MT


2012 BMW S1000RR, full exhaust, power commander 5, dyno tune, 190WHP.

Last edited by sleepyalero; 11-13-2012 at 05:07 AM.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:33 PM   #76
bricooper78
Dammit Sleepy
 
bricooper78's Avatar
 
AKA: Cooper
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: IA
Posts: 4,073
Vehicle: 03 Sierra Z71
bricooper78 has made plenty of valid pointsbricooper78 has made plenty of valid points
So, has this blown up yet? just curious
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by geldartb View Post
no sht it's spreading like a disease..and you guys aren't even picking decent cars to turn into garage queens..
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastic_indian View Post
the resulting violent shake at highway speed may cause loss of control, white knuckles, loss of dental fillings, urinary incontinence and sudden religious conversion.
bricooper78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:26 PM   #77
Acheron
GAGT - Newbie
 
AKA: Rob
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 16
Vehicle: 2003 Grand Am GT Coupe
Acheron Gettin' there
Just for the record not all of us from Michigan are this dumb !

This guy clearly just does not know what 'real' subs hitting looks/feels/sounds like. But as for size of the actual amps it is true it does not need to be huge to be strong but it does as stated by another need the room for the right components.

I have a small Lanzar opti drive 160 that could power 2 12's fully. But that was a expensive amp and also made to do so. Where as the monsoon was meant to push a nice upgraded stock system.

That being said if the guy is happy with his bass hey good for him, I am happy with my monsoon and my Lanzar is sitting on the shelf. But there is no way the amp is powering his subs enough to waste all that trunk space on the box
Acheron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:26 AM   #78
EJ01GAGT
GAGT - Member
 
EJ01GAGT's Avatar
 
AKA: EJ
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: St.louis MO
Age: 25
Posts: 438
Vehicle: 2010 Nissan Maxima SV
EJ01GAGT Gettin' there
__________________
35% tint on front 20% on back
AVS headlight covers
grand am gt third brake light decal
7 inch power acoustik detach dvd player
1 12 pioneer champion
grafxwerks door handle decals
9 inch under dash LED bars
GT headrest inserts
EJ01GAGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:11 PM   #79
aggresiveAM
GAGT - Member
 
aggresiveAM's Avatar
 
AKA: Alexander
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 64
Vehicle: 2002 Grand am GT Coupe
aggresiveAM Gettin' there
(update) amp is still going strong and is banging tge subs atleast for 2hours everyday, subs make continous trunk rattling bass, everyone who has heard it says it sounds like I got the brutus amp to match it, I recently hooked up to my friends pioneer premier 12 that wants 1000 rms and the amp runs it better than his 500 watt rockford he was upset
aggresiveAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:00 PM   #80
Metallman56
Bears Fan
 
Metallman56's Avatar
 
AKA: Metall
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Indiana
Age: 32
Posts: 3,853
Vehicle: 2001 grand am gt coupe
Metallman56 a trusted member
so i was in detroit last night when i saw aggresiveAM's car



his friends, teacher, and micky shore guys were all very impressed


for the record this is a joke. i wouldnt go to detroit if you paid me.
__________________
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/209706...am?action=demo


So you proved your point about the camaro - condense your sig.
- Your friendly Administration
Metallman56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
amps, makes2accounts, monsoon, retard, speakers, subs

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 GrandAmGT.com
MilzyMotorsports.com