GrandAmGT.com Forum
http://www.pfyc.com GrandAmGT.com Premium Memership Signup
CustomCarGrills.com   

Go Back   GrandAmGT.com Forum > GAGT - Modifications - Sponsored by RedlineGoods.com > Car Audio, Video & Security

Old 06-18-2013, 02:56 PM   #81
_HeC_
GAGT - Member

AKA: Mike
Vehicle: 2003 Grand Am GT
_HeC_ Gettin' there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallman56 View Post
i have 3 amps in my car. the smallest is a kicker and it puts out 100x2, it powers my 6x9s and is about the size of a ipad. the mid amp i have is a kenwood excelon and puts out 88x4 and it is bigger than the kicker. and last is my boston amp which is almost as wide as my sub box, and its 450x2. when were talking about power size matters. the more power or watts in this case the bigger the amp. this is true in car amps, power invertors, and even generators. below are some pics to show you what i'm talking about. please note that the more powerful the amp, the bigger the amp.
size doesn't mean everything all the time, im not trying to defend the original poster but theres some 500rms amps the size of a CD case ever hear of soundigital NANO amps?? priced pretty decently aswell

that SD400.4 is 4 x 125 RMS @ 2 ohms 14 volts , 2 x 250 RMS @ 4 ohms 14 volts
_HeC_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:11 PM   #82
bricooper78
Dammit Sleepy

AKA: Cooper
Vehicle: 03 Sierra Z71
bricooper78 has made plenty of valid pointsbricooper78 has made plenty of valid points
I would believe that claim more if it said Monsoon on it

j/k

I've never actually seen those amps, that's interesting, have you ever used them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastic_indian View Post
the resulting violent shake at highway speed may cause loss of control, white knuckles, loss of dental fillings, urinary incontinence and sudden religious conversion.
bricooper78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:18 PM   #83
_HeC_
GAGT - Member

_HeC_ Gettin' there
not yet but i think i might try the 400.1 out, a local guy i know sells them and has there SD 8000.1D amp in his T-bird with 8 12s hitting 156db in db drag legal
little flex vid of his setup, he swears by these little guys and has had many happy customers
Old 06-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #84
bricooper78
Dammit Sleepy

bricooper78 has made plenty of valid pointsbricooper78 has made plenty of valid points
Well, throwing power apparently isn't an issue with them

This guy needs to take some pics of the install and post 'em up... that's impressive. I like things I can see through, so these instantly peaked my interest
Quote:
the resulting violent shake at highway speed may cause loss of control, white knuckles, loss of dental fillings, urinary incontinence and sudden religious conversion.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:33 PM   #85
_HeC_
GAGT - Member

_HeC_ Gettin' there
the guy does some amazing installs, been doing this **** for years
[IMG][/IMG]
i love this video, the kid is impressed with the bass level at 13secs then at 19 well you'll see.... haha

heres his FB if you care to see more of his work
https://www.facebook.com/Testtones?fref=ts
Old 06-18-2013, 03:52 PM   #86
TDavis
GAGT - Junkie

AKA: Tanner
Vehicle: 2000 Grand Am SC/T
TDavis a trusted member
Waste of money imho
Old 06-18-2013, 04:48 PM   #87
bricooper78
Dammit Sleepy

I don't do facebook, so couldn't really see anything. I miss the days when I installed, love getting someone else's cash and hearing "I dunno, just make it loud"
Quote:
Old 06-18-2013, 07:03 PM   #88
Metallman56
Bears Fan

AKA: Metall
Vehicle: 2001 grand am gt coupe
Metallman56 a trusted member
Quote:
Originally Posted by _HeC_ View Post
size doesn't mean everything all the time, im not trying to defend the original poster but theres some 500rms amps the size of a CD case ever hear of soundigital NANO amps?? priced pretty decently aswell

wow, yeah I didn't know they made powerful amps that size. I think we can all agree though that these are an exception to the size matters rule. I also think we can all agree that the monsoon amp does not put out anywhere near what these do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDavis View Post
Waste of money imho
to each there own. I think aftermarket body kits and rims are a waste of money but you don't see me in the wheels or appearance section telling people there wasting there money. if you don't like it, don't post in it.

So you proved your point about the camaro - condense your sig.
- Your friendly Administration
Metallman56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:37 PM   #89
caraudiodave
Boring old man

AKA: Dave
Vehicle: '13 Camry hybrid
caraudiodave Gettin' there
Why did this garbage need to be brought back from the dead?

I think I know what was going on...by adding the subs to the system the amp is delivering more power to the 6x9s due to a lower ohm load. This guy thinks his trash hits...let him think it. If it makes him happy then so be it.

Btw I had subs hooked up to my monsoon amp too and they sounded good. It was in my camaro and it was elementl design 6" subs replacing the factory 6" subs. I also had a 12" jl running off a ppi amp. I blew lots of
Minds when I claimed that it was all factory
2013 Toyota Camry hybrid: Pioneer AVIC-8000NEX, Phoenix Gold ZPA0.3 (300 x 2), Phoenix Gold ZPA0.3 (300 x 2), Phoenix Gold ZPA0.5 (1000 x 1), Dynaudio MD100 (1" tweeters), Dynaudio MW160 (6.5" mids), Eclipse SW8812 (12" aluminum cone subwoofer)
caraudiodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:12 PM   #90
aggresiveAM
GAGT - Member

AKA: Alexander
Vehicle: 2002 Grand am GT Coupe
aggresiveAM Gettin' there
Quote:
Originally Posted by caraudiodave View Post
Why did this garbage need to be brought back from the dead?

I think I know what was going on...by adding the subs to the system the amp is delivering more power to the 6x9s due to a lower ohm load. This guy thinks his trash hits...let him think it. If it makes him happy then so be it.

Btw I had subs hooked up to my monsoon amp too and they sounded good. It was in my camaro and it was elementl design 6" subs replacing the factory 6" subs. I also had a 12" jl running off a ppi amp. I blew lots of
Minds when I claimed that it was all factory
It got brought back because someonelse must have tested my claim out and then sold thier aftermarket amp after hearing it . Oh and the ohm load on the subs isnt lower its the same as the stock 6x9s
aggresiveAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:40 PM   #91
bricooper78
Dammit Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by _HeC_ View Post

Sure retard, that CLEARLY says that "hey I did what the OP did, and it worked!"

go back in your hole.
Quote:
Old 06-21-2013, 10:48 PM   #92
Metallman56
Bears Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bricooper78 View Post
Sure retard, that CLEARLY says that "hey I did what the OP did, and it worked!"

go back in your hole.

Old 06-21-2013, 10:53 PM   #93
bricooper78
Dammit Sleepy

Well I know better, and if that gets me in trouble, so be it. Having an idea is one thing, being delusional to the point that you just think that people are following you is idiotic. Got under my skin.

I'll take my old self to bed now so I don't cause any more trouble.
Quote:
Old 06-21-2013, 11:06 PM   #94
Metallman56
Bears Fan

I try to error on the side of not insulting anyone in here, whatever they do to their car. even if I don't like it. because, its their car. but yeah I agree that if you expect someone to follow your idea like, only use 3 lug nuts per wheel to save weight, all bets are off. its a terrible horrible idea that's going to get someone hurt. same thing in here. I see either a major short in the future, or a fire. either way not cool. and really not cool if it happens to someone else's car (newb) that doesn't know any better.

Old 06-21-2013, 11:08 PM   #95
TDavis
GAGT - Junkie

AKA: Tanner
Vehicle: 2000 Grand Am SC/T
TDavis a trusted member
Quote:
to each there own. I think aftermarket body kits and rims are a waste of money but you don't see me in the wheels or appearance section telling people there wasting there money. if you don't like it, don't post in it.
Yeah but aftermarket wheels can help the actual performance of the car, steering reponse, wider wheels, lighter wheels, better/wider tires etc. Audio doesn't do anything useful besides sound which isn't necessary.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:38 AM   #96
caraudiodave
Boring old man

I think I will sell my Mcintosh amp and buy myself a monsoon amp. It must be better.
2013 Toyota Camry hybrid: Pioneer AVIC-8000NEX, Phoenix Gold ZPA0.3 (300 x 2), Phoenix Gold ZPA0.3 (300 x 2), Phoenix Gold ZPA0.5 (1000 x 1), Dynaudio MD100 (1" tweeters), Dynaudio MW160 (6.5" mids), Eclipse SW8812 (12" aluminum cone subwoofer)
Old 06-22-2013, 08:52 AM   #97
Metallman56
Bears Fan

Quote:
I think I will sell my Mcintosh amp and buy myself a monsoon amp. It must be better.
i'll straight up trade you my monsoon for the mac

Old 06-22-2013, 09:11 AM   #98
caraudiodave
Boring old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggresiveAM View Post
It got brought back because someonelse must have tested my claim out and then sold thier aftermarket amp after hearing it . Oh and the ohm load on the subs isnt lower its the same as the stock 6x9s
If you ran the sub and 6x9 parallel then you have a lower overall ohm rating. that usually doubles the power from the amp (assuming it can handle the lower ohm load).
I wish you have a few more IQ points, then we could have an intelligent conversation.

Quote:
i'll straight up trade you my monsoon for the mac
you mean you dont want me to pay you for the upgrade? My amp puts out 50x4....and 100x2. thats very weak compared to this monsoon amp.

Maybe I should upgrade my Dynaudio subwoofer to a Sony Xplode too while im at it.

Last edited by caraudiodave; 06-22-2013 at 09:14 AM.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:00 AM   #99
Metallman56
Bears Fan

sony is too nice, here is everything you need

Old 06-22-2013, 09:25 PM   #100
bricooper78
Dammit Sleepy

Quote:
If you ran the sub and 6x9 parallel then you have a lower overall ohm rating. that usually doubles the power from the amp (assuming it can handle the lower ohm load).
I wish you have a few more IQ points, then we could have an intelligent conversation.
Yea, I tried this with him and his 2nd account (aka his hype-man "friend" that joined the next day) on another thread about series, parallel, or series-parallel, and the differences, ya know there is only so much "dumbing it down" until you realize they just can't learn a concept
Quote:

Tags
amps, makes2accounts, monsoon, retard, speakers, subs