GrandAmGT.com Forum
http://www.pfyc.com GrandAmGT.com Premium Memership Signup
RedlineGoods.com   

Go Back   GrandAmGT.com Forum > GAGT - Classifieds - Sponsored by www.RotorsOnline.com > Stuff For Sale

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 03:31 PM   #41
Reaper3240
GAGT - Member

AKA: Rob
Vehicle: 2001 Grand Am GT Coupe
Reaper3240 Gettin' there
I should prolly clarify, 13s in the 1/4th na, when i go FI ima try for 10s, thatl b alot of work but ill be happy with wherever that puts me-12s for sure- as i put more into suspension lmao

Need someone to buy my borla :/ getting depressing hahaha i also got a Surefire attatchment if anyone wants to buy that as well, has IR as well, used it when i was a rifleman, im a SAW gunner now and dont use it haha askin 400 for that as well, does work, but i dont have batteries for it, comes with a brand new pressureplate as well, its from PEQ15, so it should work with it, if not, then youve got something to sell to get some money back hahaha.
lx9 swap/cam/mild port and polished heads, comp springs, ported intakes, cai, headers, 2.5 piping to borla cross flow muffler, no res, and no cat -for now money constraints-, hp tuners, I need bigger injectors, so far made 209 whp on the dyno, shooting for 250ish n/a once I get my injectors/more tuning
Old 02-26-2013, 04:25 PM   #42
Reaper3240
GAGT - Member

Reaper3240 Gettin' there
Update!

Pending sale, this one should go through, if not, same procedure to follow haha thanks all!
lx9 swap/cam/mild port and polished heads, comp springs, ported intakes, cai, headers, 2.5 piping to borla cross flow muffler, no res, and no cat -for now money constraints-, hp tuners, I need bigger injectors, so far made 209 whp on the dyno, shooting for 250ish n/a once I get my injectors/more tuning
Old 02-26-2013, 05:14 PM   #43
Metallman56
Bears Fan

AKA: Metall
Vehicle: 2001 grand am gt coupe
Metallman56 a trusted member
a little motavation for those on the fence if your buyer falls through

So you proved your point about the camaro - condense your sig.
- Your friendly Administration
Old 02-26-2013, 05:43 PM   #44
TDavis
GAGT - Junkie

AKA: Tanner
Vehicle: 2000 Grand Am SC/T
TDavis a trusted member
Rev you mother fker!
Old 02-26-2013, 06:53 PM   #45
Reaper3240
GAGT - Member

Reaper3240 Gettin' there
Thanks for the help guys, borla is the best all around for these cars, looks promising right now so i doubt itl fall through, but i said that twice before as well lmao
Old 02-26-2013, 10:41 PM   #46
Hanauer51
GAGT - Member

AKA: Travis
Vehicle: 2002 Grand Am GT
Hanauer51 Gettin' there
couple of questions for you guys. If I were to buy the Borla exhasut, what exactly does removing the resonator do? I know it will make the system louder, but how much louder compared to having the resonator on? And bascially I would replace the resonator with a straight pipe? Also, how does this preform with a stock cat?

thanks guys.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:46 AM   #47
Reaper3240
GAGT - Member

Reaper3240 Gettin' there
It does make it louder, by a noticeable amount... sound quality though is based on ones opinion, for intance some people think it sounds better with a throatier sound-res off- some think it sounds better with a clean crisp deepish tone-you arent gonna sound like a v8, but poeple loved my exhaust note, as do i hahaha-.

The resonators job is to simply cancel out the high pitched sound waves traveling through the pipes by redirecting sound waves back towards the engine through the pipes which allows the deeper tones to come through only, removing the res makes you louder becuase you are taking out this process, the sound quality is based on ones opinion as previously stated. However that loud doesnt eqaul a good note in some cases, loud and a good exhaust note does in others... again all preference.

You can always cut off the res, weld in a piece of straight pipe and then if you dont like it, put it back on no big deal

This really doesnt mess with the stock cat, just bolts up to it. Lol
Old 02-27-2013, 10:54 AM   #48
sleepyalero
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂

AKA: Nathan
Vehicle: 2001 olds alero GLS
sleepyalero a trusted member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper3240 View Post
I should prolly clarify, 13s in the 1/4th na, when i go FI ima try for 10s, thatl b alot of work but ill be happy with wherever that puts me-12s for sure- as i put more into suspension.
I'm not really worried about 1/4 times I'm looking more at power right now. Plan on being hopefully over 450 with my FI build. Then after that I can see what it will run in the 1/4.

2012 BMW S1000RR, full exhaust, power commander 5, dyno tune, 190WHP.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:34 AM   #49
Reaper3240
GAGT - Member

Reaper3240 Gettin' there
Lol im shooting for 500 at the crank, using 1/4th times only cause id rather have funtional power then a dyno queen, in other words id love to have both a dyno chart and quarter mile timeslips at car shows, i wana also put nitrous ontop of that as well, only cause i can hahaha, i can get my last two things i need once this exhaust is final, then i can start to put it in, then he-nicknamed Beast- can be revived... cant wait, first start up will be recorded too, thats like the last button on a build ya know? Haha
Old 02-27-2013, 04:33 PM   #50
Reaper3240
GAGT - Member

Reaper3240 Gettin' there
This item is SOLD! Thanks all!
Closed Thread

Tags
borla, catback, exhaust, for sale, grand am