GrandAmGT.com Forum
http://www.pfyc.com GrandAmGT.com Premium Memership Signup
RedlineGoods.com   

Go Back   GrandAmGT.com Forum > GAGT - Modifications - Sponsored by RedlineGoods.com > All Go (Performance modifications)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2012, 02:09 PM   #1
Abyssion
GAGT - Newbie
 
AKA: Stephen
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Findlay, Ohio
Posts: 2
Vehicle: 1999 Grand Am GT Coupe
Abyssion Gettin' there
turbo?

So does anyone know if either the 3800 turbo kit off the GNX or the 3.1 turbo out of the Grand Prix mclarens would fit on the 3400 or is it a completely different block? I havent been able to find a solid answer on either option.
Thanks
Abyssion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:07 PM   #2
unchained_01
Manic Mechanic
 
unchained_01's Avatar
 
AKA: albert
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: cumberland md
Age: 55
Posts: 677
Vehicle: 2003 grand am gt
unchained_01 Gettin' there
Send a message via MSN to unchained_01 Send a message via Yahoo to unchained_01
http://www.milzymotorsports.com/mms-...ody-turbo-kit/
__________________
Building my own concept
unchained_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:12 PM   #3
3800L67GAM
PostingLike An L32SC
 
3800L67GAM's Avatar
 
AKA: ERIC
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 534
Vehicle: 99 grand am se black
3800L67GAM Still kinda new, but learning
Quote:
Originally Posted by unchained_01 View Post


Or this


http://www.milzymotorsports.com/grand-am-turbo-headers/ And then he can buy the inter-cooler and all the rest witch is not much.
3800L67GAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:50 AM   #4
AaronGTR
BlingWithBallz
 
AaronGTR's Avatar
 
AKA: Aaron
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Detroit area, MI
Age: 39
Posts: 12,197
Vehicle: 2000 Grand Am GT1 2dr
AaronGTR has made plenty of valid pointsAaronGTR has made plenty of valid points
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyssion View Post
So does anyone know if either the 3800 turbo kit off the GNX or the 3.1 turbo out of the Grand Prix mclarens would fit on the 3400 or is it a completely different block? I havent been able to find a solid answer on either option.
Thanks

No. They are completely different blocks from a completely different engine family. Nothing will transfer over. Different heads and ports, and a different block angle from the 3400 which is a 60 degree v6. The turbo manifold wouldn't even be close to bolting up.


Also the engine in the GNX is not a 3800. It was a 3.8L V6 but was an older version of the engine. The 3800 name wasn't used until the LN3 engine was introduced in 1988. The Grand National was made from 1982-1987, with the GNX model only being made in 1987 (the final year of production), although turbo models were available from '82.
__________________
The few, the proud, the boosted!
13.788 @ 103.73 mph (3/2011) 320 whp and 300 ft/lbs torque. (3/2011)
See it here. the total package.
AaronGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:41 PM   #5
blckgagt
~Turbocharged~
 
blckgagt's Avatar
 
AKA: Randy
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Knoxville, TN
Age: 33
Posts: 1,265
Vehicle: 99 GAGT, 07 Vette
blckgagt Gettin' there
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronGTR View Post
No. They are completely different blocks from a completely different engine family. Nothing will transfer over. Different heads and ports, and a different block angle from the 3400 which is a 60 degree v6. The turbo manifold wouldn't even be close to bolting up.


Also the engine in the GNX is not a 3800. It was a 3.8L V6 but was an older version of the engine. The 3800 name wasn't used until the LN3 engine was introduced in 1988. The Grand National was made from 1982-1987, with the GNX model only being made in 1987 (the final year of production), although turbo models were available from '82.
Sounds like someone has a hard on for the Grand National. Lol. Very understandable though. Amazing cars especially the GNX. Either way, I can vouch for Milzy's turbo kit. It was very well made as even stated by a few reputable shops around here not to mention having a boosted GA is just icing on the cake.
__________________
400whp 435wtq - MMS Race Block w/ 8.5:1 comp ratio, Eagle H-beam rods. MMS Stage 2 heads, Turbo Cam, chromemoly pushrods, GM gaskets. MMS 65 mm Turbo Kit w 60lb/hr injectors, Walbro fuel pump, powdercoated engine. MMS 3.29 4t65eHD conv., 3500 stall TC. Milzy headers w/ downpipe, magnaflow exhaust, FFP Pulley, f/r strut braces, Msd 8.5 SC wires, *** bodykit, Bilstein Coilovers. 17x8 AE 185s. Pioneer HU, B/A speakers. Baer brakes. Wot-tech engine mount. SB Rear Swaybar. ES Poly links
blckgagt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:48 PM   #6
sleepyalero
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
 
sleepyalero's Avatar
 
AKA: Nathan
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Unknown.
Posts: 5,909
Vehicle: 2001 olds alero GLS
sleepyalero a trusted member
Quote:
Originally Posted by blckgagt View Post
Sounds like someone has a hard on for the Grand National. Lol. Very understandable though. Amazing cars especially the GNX. Either way, I can vouch for Milzy's turbo kit. It was very well made as even stated by a few reputable shops around here not to mention having a boosted GA is just icing on the cake.
Must be nice, sometime ill have a boosted alero. But having a 6 speed 3400 alero is also icing on the cake.
__________________
2001 | Alero GLS | 3400 | 6MT


2012 BMW S1000RR, full exhaust, power commander 5, dyno tune, 190WHP.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:42 PM   #7
AaronGTR
BlingWithBallz
 
AaronGTR's Avatar
 
AKA: Aaron
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Detroit area, MI
Age: 39
Posts: 12,197
Vehicle: 2000 Grand Am GT1 2dr
AaronGTR has made plenty of valid pointsAaronGTR has made plenty of valid points
Here's a nice grand national turbo kit!

__________________
The few, the proud, the boosted!
13.788 @ 103.73 mph (3/2011) 320 whp and 300 ft/lbs torque. (3/2011)
See it here. the total package.
AaronGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 GrandAmGT.com
RedlineGoods.com