GrandAmGT.com Forum
http://www.pfyc.com GrandAmGT.com Premium Memership Signup
RedlineGoods.com   

Go Back   GrandAmGT.com Forum > GAGT - Off Topic - Sponsored by www.CustomCarGrills.com > Other Car Makes and Models

Old 02-11-2013, 09:29 PM   #21
tipnitty
Sneezed and Sharted

AKA: Sam
Vehicle: 98 T/A WS6,14 Ram Hemi
tipnitty has made plenty of valid pointstipnitty has made plenty of valid points
Send a message via AIM to tipnitty Send a message via Yahoo to tipnitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruGreenGAGT View Post
nice car.
one thing though. does cooper know you stole his hood?

and coop on a serious side what purple camaro?? only other car pic posted in here is a RED WS6??
HAHAHAHA That was damn funny. Thanks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade2012 View Post
Beautiful car. You should have got this one though.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/3541823738.html
Thanks, but my car makes plenty of power....for now. And that one is a bit out of my range

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzulfic View Post
Fuggin sweet man! Congrats on the new ride and yeah I'm definitely jealous. Those cars just look so awsome stock. Of course there's do much you can do to make it better, but for a factory car just stunning IMO.
Thank you sir. I couldn't agree more. She will look a bit better after a small drop and better wheels, but for now, I love it just as she is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
Nice. Spark plug #8 is a pain

Have fun in snow!
Yeah plug 8 is a bitch, that's for sure. But the civic will see the snow, not the T/A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiwnath View Post
That's sexy. I always loved the Firebird over the Camaro when it came to F-Bodies. I hope to see a cool build on this thing some day, but I guess it depends on your budget.
Who knows what will come of this car. I say small things now. But who knows what will happen. Maybe the motor will be pulled next month for a massive build. I would rather doubt that one thought.
1998 Trans Am Ws6 M6
2014 Ram Hemi
tipnitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:34 PM   #22
bricooper78
Dammit Sleepy

AKA: Cooper
Vehicle: 03 Sierra Z71
bricooper78 has made plenty of valid pointsbricooper78 has made plenty of valid points
True story on makes plenty of power argh arrgh arrrgh
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastic_indian View Post
the resulting violent shake at highway speed may cause loss of control, white knuckles, loss of dental fillings, urinary incontinence and sudden religious conversion.
bricooper78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:54 PM   #23
tipnitty
Sneezed and Sharted

tipnitty has made plenty of valid pointstipnitty has made plenty of valid points
Yeah I kind of want to go to walmart, to uhm, get a pack of gum or something. It was nice to go down mainstreet in 1st gear. Definitely a head turner.
1998 Trans Am Ws6 M6
2014 Ram Hemi
Old 02-11-2013, 10:04 PM   #24
bricooper78
Dammit Sleepy

bricooper78 has made plenty of valid pointsbricooper78 has made plenty of valid points
<---------------------------------

This guy,

Jelly right here!
Quote:
the resulting violent shake at highway speed may cause loss of control, white knuckles, loss of dental fillings, urinary incontinence and sudden religious conversion.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:22 PM   #25
tipnitty
Sneezed and Sharted

I wouldn't be too jealous, It's pretty difficult to drive this car with a hard on. But I'll get used to it.
1998 Trans Am Ws6 M6
2014 Ram Hemi
Old 02-11-2013, 10:29 PM   #26
Shade2012
GAGT - Senior Member

AKA: Logan
Vehicle: 2000 Grand Am GT Coupe
Shade2012 a trusted member
Already updated your information and changed your display picture. I'm jealous.
Shade2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:35 PM   #27
bricooper78
Dammit Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
I wouldn't be too jealous, It's pretty difficult to drive this car with a hard on. But I'll get used to it.
Quote:
Old 02-11-2013, 10:37 PM   #28
tipnitty
Sneezed and Sharted

Quote:
Already updated your information and changed your display picture. I'm jealous.
Wouldn't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bricooper78 View Post
1998 Trans Am Ws6 M6
2014 Ram Hemi
Old 02-11-2013, 10:46 PM   #29
SC/T02
Old School Pontiac

AKA: Adam
Vehicle: '99 30th TA/08-09 G8
SC/T02 Gettin' there
Send a message via AIM to SC/T02
Looks nice man! Congrats. Eibach made a 1" drop that looks awesome on the car. Anything more and the front will end up getting scratched up everywhere since it is so far in front of the front tire area. Can't give it Vette ride height (that has the wheels then bumper right there) without beating up the front.

You will love it. I am guessing you are putting out around 335horse. 320 factory but in '98 the LS1 was kinda all over the place in numbers.

Does the power antenna not go up/down all the way? How is the headlight operation? You don't have the hurst. it would stay inside the shift boot if it was (sits that much lower).

You can get the skip shift eleminator for pretty cheap. CAGS or some sh!t like that. Get an air lid without the baffles. SLP makes a good one. You can get the smooth bellows to finish off the intake part.

If you are thinking about replacing the exhaust, go with GMMG. Most amazing sound for the money. Cheaper than Borla, Corsa, Pypes and a few others, but makes some noise! Runs about $700 new if I remember right, but it is one of the best investments on the car. It has no muffles just baffeled chambers. I have a GMMG Blackbird at one time. Amazing car. I would patch up the the exhaust as best you can and save up for it if you don't have the funds. Most systems sound good. not too many people care for the SLP loudmouth on the car (dump truck rattle sound). http://www.ls1sounds.com/gmmg.htm

Diablo tune is the way to go

Just take it easy for a while. Totally different in terms of power, and RWD. I know I sound like some kind of Dad here, but the car can and will get away from you quick and insurance will not give you what you paid for it. If you nail it, do it while going straight. It will still most likely end up sideways. I can say that having professionally driven them for a while and have been in a number of stunt videos.

This one has my first 30th TA I owned in it (not a track car like my current) and my black LS6 2002

Here is an oldie but goodie with my 150 shot on my 01 TA

www.TheAutoNation.org
SC/T02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:48 PM   #30
SC/T02
Old School Pontiac

SC/T02 Gettin' there
Oh yeah, the hard on thing never goes away. Just let your d!ck be your guide! Comes in handy with the hands free driving. Now you have to bring it to the Trans Am Nationals in Dayton Ohio.

www.TheAutoNation.org
Old 02-11-2013, 11:16 PM   #31
tipnitty
Sneezed and Sharted

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC/T02 View Post
Looks nice man! Congrats. Eibach made a 1" drop that looks awesome on the car. Anything more and the front will end up getting scratched up everywhere since it is so far in front of the front tire area. Can't give it Vette ride height (that has the wheels then bumper right there) without beating up the front.

You will love it. I am guessing you are putting out around 335horse. 320 factory but in '98 the LS1 was kinda all over the place in numbers.

Does the power antenna not go up/down all the way? How is the headlight operation? You don't have the hurst. it would stay inside the shift boot if it was (sits that much lower).

You can get the skip shift eleminator for pretty cheap. CAGS or some sh!t like that. Get an air lid without the baffles. SLP makes a good one. You can get the smooth bellows to finish off the intake part.

If you are thinking about replacing the exhaust, go with GMMG. Most amazing sound for the money. Cheaper than Borla, Corsa, Pypes and a few others, but makes some noise! Runs about $700 new if I remember right, but it is one of the best investments on the car. It has no muffles just baffeled chambers. I have a GMMG Blackbird at one time. Amazing car. I would patch up the the exhaust as best you can and save up for it if you don't have the funds. Most systems sound good. not too many people care for the SLP loudmouth on the car (dump truck rattle sound). http://www.ls1sounds.com/gmmg.htm

Diablo tune is the way to go

Just take it easy for a while. Totally different in terms of power, and RWD. I know I sound like some kind of Dad here, but the car can and will get away from you quick and insurance will not give you what you paid for it. If you nail it, do it while going straight. It will still most likely end up sideways. I can say that having professionally driven them for a while and have been in a number of stunt videos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC/T02 View Post
Oh yeah, the hard on thing never goes away. Just let your d!ck be your guide! Comes in handy with the hands free driving. Now you have to bring it to the Trans Am Nationals in Dayton Ohio.
Man am I glad you chimed in. I know how much you know about these cars.

From what I've seen, the eibach springs were the best way to go on these. Even stock, the tires fill in the wheel well great. So I'll probably go with that down the road.

Antenna does not go all the way down and the headlights work perfectly. As far as the shifter, I know it's suppose to have an "H" on the shift knob, but it doesn't. As far as in the shift boot, I'll have to look. That's one issue I have with the car. And I already bought the SLP eliminator, should be here by the end of the week along with the window motors.

My buddy has the slp and he loves it. I'm indifferent on it. But the GMMG sounds absolutely amazing! That is definitely something I'm going to look into. I'll look into the diablo as well.

Yeah I definitely took it easy on the way back, it was a lot of back roads. On those straight aways, I sure opened her up to figure out what speeds I like each gear. Holy hell is 6th gear tall. Sits somewhere near 1300 going 70-75mph. That was awesome. I heard these put down about 325hp stock, all I know is that right now its an ass load more than the civic. But I doubt the boner will go away. The sound of the car in low gear, is just beautiful.
1998 Trans Am Ws6 M6
2014 Ram Hemi
Old 02-11-2013, 11:30 PM   #32
SC/T02
Old School Pontiac

SC/T02 Gettin' there
I have always liked SLP. Just not great on the F-body for some reason. Had it on my GAGT, my last CTS-V, and even my G8. NEVER on the TA though.

Honestly, a tune, whisper lid, removed baffle, underdrive pulley, and decent exahust is all you will ever want to do to the car. Even when I was running 315s on the back of mine I had traction issues. No point in having 700hp if a stock civic runs a better 1/8th mile because of traction. Some people will say headers, but even that opens up the car too much. The above mentioned items will put you right around should get you around 380 at the wheels. Over 400 at the fly.

Having built every one of my 4th gens differently, I will tell you, anything more will really be a waste. No matter what other advice you may get. If you crave more power down the road, I would say headers. With cam swaps on the car, it becomes less reliable and makes the other parts work harder to compensate.

I did sub frame connectors and the works. Just learn to drive the car the way it sits. A task in itself. Not needed, unless you put down serious power. Just trying to save you money. Get the right items the first time, and only swap what you need.

When you go to pull the door panels off you may get that crack in the top plastic like I mentioned before. Just try not to pull in the top corner in the rear of the door. getting rid of the 1 to 4 shift will make it a fun car to drive.

www.TheAutoNation.org
Old 02-11-2013, 11:45 PM   #33
tipnitty
Sneezed and Sharted

Damn, thanks for the input man. I don't want to put too much into the car at the moment. I don't want to race anyone on the street, for all obvious reasons. I see all these car with Fast LSx intake manifolds and 90/102mm throttle bodies and what not. Who wouldn't want that! But I don't need things like that.

Like I posted in OP, it has some brand of short tube headers on it already. I'm pretty sure that's where the exhaust leak is on the drivers side. But be prepared from PM's from me on advice in the future.
1998 Trans Am Ws6 M6
2014 Ram Hemi
Old 02-12-2013, 01:17 AM   #34
sleepyalero
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂

AKA: Nathan
Vehicle: 2001 olds alero GLS
sleepyalero a trusted member
Lid, k&n drop in, exhaust, baffle remove, headers, delete cats, no mufflers... And a mild cam. It will do wonders. And old buddy of mine had a ws6 for 4 years.. Then this happened 2 weeks after a cam. Be careful man the thing is a death trap.

The front bumper was 50-60 ft away from the car. You can see the skid marks into the pole, it happened my my road. The owner of the TA didn't wreck it, he let our buddy test drive it because he wanted a WS6. Owner was in pass seat during crash. Our buddy hit a pot hole doing WOT from a stop side that was on edge of the road and it lost traction in the ass end, ass end came out to the right, he tried to correct it (they were doing 60-80mph... Over corrected and into the pull which sent them into a 180.. They were unconscious for about 5-10 seconds and woke up to it on fire. I saw em fly by my garage before it happened cause they were coming back from the gas station. They took to long and wondered what happened. Saw something orange at the end of my road and well that's what I drove up to. It happened right at midnight.

The bad thing about em is they got a fuel line that runs across the top of the like UIM I Believe, we think that's what caused the fire. He was around 430ish hp to the mods I suggested above. He had SLP LM1 no cats, no mufflers, no res. man that car screamed.

2012 BMW S1000RR, full exhaust, power commander 5, dyno tune, 190WHP.

Last edited by sleepyalero; 02-12-2013 at 01:27 AM.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:55 AM   #35
DrFabulous
FIGJAM

AKA: Matt
Vehicle: 2015 Tahoe
DrFabulous has made plenty of valid pointsDrFabulous has made plenty of valid points
Nice. Glad to see it's got a good home. I know you'll have fun with it

01 GASE - R.I.P.
SLP exhaust, CAI, Intrax springs, 17" American Eagle 025s
03 Mazda6 - bye Felicia
Injen CAI, Magnaflow exhaust, 17" American Eagle 025's
01 GAGT - R.I.P.
S&S headers, S&S cat, SLP exhaust, CAI, MPR tune, WS6 hood, H&R springs, 18" American Eagle 077s/18" XXR 006s
03 Saab 9-3 2.0T - bye Felicia
JZW tune, BSR intake, H&R springs/KYB struts, 17" Saab Klingons
06 Honda CR-V - current
100% stock
15 Chevy Tahoe - current
100% stock
DrFabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:02 AM   #36
josh3400
GAGT - Newbie

AKA: josh
Vehicle: 02 ga gt coupe
josh3400 Gettin' there
It would be especially hard for me to drive cuz I wouldn't be able to resist jacking off
josh3400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:10 AM   #37
TDavis
GAGT - Junkie

AKA: Tanner
Vehicle: 2000 Grand Am SC/T
TDavis a trusted member
Quote:
Beautiful car. You should have got this one though.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/3541823738.html
He claims there is around $15000 in receipts and he wants 15,500. You will never get out of a car what you put into it.

Also, why the fk did it turn into a trans am trashed pic thread. Fk you sleepy

Last edited by TDavis; 02-12-2013 at 10:14 AM.
TDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:14 AM   #38
geldartb
With the quickness

AKA: Brendan
Vehicle: 03 Outback H6
geldartb has made plenty of valid pointsgeldartb has made plenty of valid points
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDavis View Post
He claims there is around $15000 in receipts and he wants 15,500. You will never get out of a car what you put into it.
i always laugh when people start listing individual parts and what they paid for said parts. at that point you know they are trying to get back that money.

yeah it's nice you got a lot of aftermarket parts on the car doesn't mean it increased the value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SikMindz View Post
Well you shouldn't have left your laptop exposed when there was a chance of golden showers...
geldartb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:16 AM   #39
geldartb
With the quickness

AKA: Brendan
Vehicle: 03 Outback H6
geldartb has made plenty of valid pointsgeldartb has made plenty of valid points
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
Lid, k&n drop in, exhaust, baffle remove, headers, delete cats, no mufflers... And a mild cam. It will do wonders. And old buddy of mine had a ws6 for 4 years.. Then this happened 2 weeks after a cam. Be careful man the thing is a death trap.
so pretty much what i got from that was dude didn't know how to handle the car and it looks like he hit the pole.

it's only a death trap if you don't know what your doing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SikMindz View Post
Well you shouldn't have left your laptop exposed when there was a chance of golden showers...
geldartb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:46 AM   #40
SC/T02
Old School Pontiac

SC/T02 Gettin' there
They are as safe as most cars. Safer than a lot of 2013s actually. The only real danger is user error. As with any car. Fuel rail is on top, as with all GM V8s, Ford V8s, and Dodge V8s until 2012.

Now GM has Direct Injection on the brand new LT1 engine. Dodge decided to run them under the car, and Ford stuck a cover over top to hide them.

I love that at 75MPH on the highway in 6th you will get about 34mpg. No new cars offer that, with the same kind of power to weight. Thee New Camaro may put out 100 extra HP but it weighs in at like 850lbs more and will not hit 30mpg.

www.TheAutoNation.org

Tags
*just the tip she said, and more tits, hi ho mullet!, less talk, more mullet, mullet mafia, wheres the newdz