coolant, it is important that you use GM Goodwrench DEX-COOL coolant. If coolant
other than DEX-COOL is added to the system, the engine coolant will require change
sooner: at 50 000 km (30,000 miles) or 24 months.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain and recover the coolant.
- Remove the air cleaner assembly.
- Remove the surge tank line from the coolant outlet.
- Remove the coolant outlet to the inlet manifold
- Remove the coolant outlet.
- Remove the thermostat.
- Clean the inlet manifold mating surfaces.
- Clean the coolant outlet mating surfaces.
- Install the thermostat in the inlet manifold.
- Install the coolant outlet to the inlet manifold.
- Install the attaching bolts. Tighten
- Install the air cleaner assembly.
- Install the surge tank line to the coolant outlet.
- Fill the engine with coolant.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Tighten
- Inspect the system for leaks.
**information gathered from
General Motors Vehicle Service Manual ©1999